Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Blessing From God

Becca caught a terrible cold with a cough this week. I’ve spent the past several nights up and down with her to give her cough medicine and to try to get the coughing fits to stop.

My next immediate concern was for Lizzie. If she caught Becca’s cough, it would mean a lot of vomiting, first of all, and a potential trip to the hospital with a respiratory infection. I tried to keep the two girls separate from each other the best that I could, but they are sisters and they love each other very much.

A day or two later Lizzie started showing symptoms of an oncoming cold. The pessimist in me thought, “Well, here we go.” However, the Lord had a different plan. Lizzie has a head cold!

Now, you tell me. How does a child with a trach and a sister with a cough end up with a head cold? That is almost unheard of, or as David said, “That is a true blessing from God.”

2 comments:

Carley said...

that is a blessing!

Mary said...

Wow that IS great! Lizzie hasn't seemed to want to conform to what is expected of her yet, has she?! In the best possible way...