Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cinderella's in da' House



We gave Becca a copy of the movie Cinderella last March for her second birthday. I’m not a big fan of all the princess movies because their villians are just too evil for my liking for my little girls. But, Cinderella’s villian is not too terrible or scary in my opinion. Plus, I like the message that Cinderella was beautiful because of her inner and outer beauty.

Anyway, Becca of course has decided she really likes the movie, and for a while, she would ask to watch it on a daily basis. Someone gave us an old flower girl dress that Becca wears as her Cinderella dress. Over the past few months the costume has expanded to include a pair of hand-me-down tap shoes as Cinderella’s slippers complete with a plastic tiara and necklace.

Becca even made up her own Cinderella game. She will put on the full costume, run to David, and say, “Dance with me Daddy!” She and David will dance for a minute or so, then Becca will suddenly say, “Oh no!” She will take off running, kick off one of the tap shoes, and say, “Get me Daddy! Get my slipper!” So David will chase her around the house with the other “slipper”.

I decided to try to get Becca off this Cinderella kick and on to something else. (Before it was Cinderella, it was Dora.) So, for Christmas, we gave her a Strawberry Shortcake 2 DVD set. The cover on the box showed the first movie with Strawberry Shortcake and a pony, and the second one showed Strawberry Shortcake playing dress-up. “Perfect,” I thought. “We can finally move away from Cinderella.” I was so wrong! In the Strawberry Shortcake movie about playing dress up, Strawberry Shortcake and her pals all act out the Cinderella story! Becca is in Strawberella heaven! (Groan)

5 comments:

Carley said...

That's the cutest thing ever that she plays that game with David! And kicks off the shoe. Too cute! That's why last time she was at our house she pointed at a picture of me in my wedding dress and said "just like Cinderella". She's at such a fun age for pretending!

Shannon said...

Jamie, I am right there with you about the movies. To much magic and scary villen. We have to protect the innocenc of children for as long as we can.

I love it the game that Becca and David play. That is priceless and heart warming. He is her Prince Charming. So sweet.

My brother David had 3 princesses. When he walk through the door to the house they expect to be addressed as princess Madie, Sarah, and Emily...some time Madie is a princes mermade. You know me...there is no drama in my family. LOL!

Thanks for sharing!
Prinsess Shannon :o)

Anonymous said...

I have a BAG of dress up stuff I'm trying to get rid of - Ariel's wedding dress, Super Girl and some mix and match stuff- you want it?

Dana said...

Strawberella! I love it!!

Mary said...

Soo cute! I love that she wants to dance with her Daddy :) I tagged you on my blog--check it out!