Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lizzie's Eyes

Sorry, no cute pictures to go with this post, but this is some good news!

We took Lizzie to the eye doctor a little earlier this week. He told us that her eyes look much better, (We have been patching her right eye for two hours everyday for the last four months.) but they still don't work in unison at 100% yet. He told us that for now we can continue to put off surgery to correct the problem. He wants us to continue to patch it as before for another four months. Then, at that point one of two things will happen. 1.) Her eyes will work great with no further need for corrective measures. 2.) Or, if the problem still exists, the doctor wants to try glasses before the more extreme surgery option. Lizzie has a pretty significant astigmatism (not surprising given her neurology and heredity). He told us that this could be causing some of the eye crossing issues.

I am happy to try the glasses over surgery any day! Anyway, I think babies in glasses are so adorable! It's funny, as a child, I purposely picked out a Cabbage Patch Kid with glasses because I thought it was cute, and now I might get my own real baby them!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Yay! It makes me so happy to see when you've posted :) Great news about the glasses (I agree--sooo cute on babies!) It was so good to see you the other day. Just the person God wanted me to see. :)

Carley said...

She would be sooooo precious in glasses. That's a great report! Fun to see her so cute and smiley tonight! I love how social she is. What a sweet girl!