Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Nurse

Our primary and most beloved nurse, Ms. Deborah, has been faithfully and loving caring for Lizzie, and really the rest of our family, for well over a year now. She comes to our house every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Every other Friday night she stays until 11pm so that David and I can have a date night. And, anytime that we go out of town for a retreat with the students or a romantic weekend, Ms. Deborah stays all day and all night at our house with Lizzie while we are gone. Both of our girls love Ms. Deborah so much! She has been a huge blessing to us, and we all feel that she is a part of our family.

However, on the days that Ms. Deborah is not here, there have been a hodge podge of nurses in and out of our house filling in those other days for well over a year now. Some have been really good, some have been terrible. Some last for a few months, and others never come back after the first time (per my request to the nursing agency). It has been so hard on Lizzie and on me. There were times when I would come home after being gone for a couple of hours to complete chaos and total disregard to my instructions. Lizzie is a very sweet and very sociable little girl, but when she won't smile at a nurse, I know that there is a big problem. There have been times when I've considered putting in a nanny cam in my house to see what really happens while I am gone. There have been way too many times when poor David has come home from work or a late night with the students to a wife who is about to explode with frustration and anger and tears over the days events. UGH!!!

I've had a request in to our nursing agency for one nurse to cover our Wednesdays and weekends for some time now. Unfortunately the best that they could do was to fill those days with those random nurses, UNTIL NOW!!! A new nurse to the agency has offered to take on those days with Lizzie, and she is good! I am soooo very excited! This means that Lizzie will have only two nurses, both of whom do a great job, and plenty of good back-ups in case one for her two nurses have an illness or family emergency. Finally! Things are looking up!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh yes, girlfriend, you are a baby buncher for sure! Isn't that a cool website? I kept shaking my head like, 'yeah, yeah, oh yeah,' about their posts! Don't you wish we had known about it two years ago???

Carley said...

That's great news!!!!