Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sometimes It's Good To Read The Paperwork

Every time we go for an appointment or procedure with Lizzie we are handed a stack of paperwork. Mostly they are patient's rights and privacy policies which end up in my "to be filed" pile on my desk without a second glance. However, for some reason this time David decided to look through all the paperwork from the sleep study. He knows I have been really feeling impatient about not hearing any news from the doctor about the study results, and I've been threatening to call in myself instead of waiting for the call as we were instructed to do. So, David found an interesting page in the packet of paperwork which he very sweetly placed on my side of the bed. It is a letter from the sleep study clinic that said we would receive a call about the results about 14 days after our appointment. 14 DAYS?! AHH! We have a ways to go yet. I'm trying my best to hang in there. So much is riding on the results of this study.

But, for today I'm off to Scottish Rite for a full day of appointments. We are going to start the wheelchair process. Maybe I should make sure I read all the paperwork today.

1 comment:

Carley said...

I'm sure I'd be impatient too. Hang in there! I'll be praying for you today as you get the wheelchair process started. :) Thanks for sharing your heart and updating!