Sunday, June 22, 2008

Same Song, Second Verse


Have you ever had something happen to you multiple times? Like, maybe you have the exact same dream several nights in a row, or you keep accidentally biting the same spot inside your cheek when you chew.

Well, this is where I find myself this morning. Instead of going to church today, I sent Becca on with a friend, and I sat on the couch. When I broke my pinky toe last week the doctor ordered me to sit and stay seated with my foot elevated for the next 10 days. (I’m now on day 7.) Isn’t that just too bad? I have doctor’s orders to sit down, and prop up my feet, and let other people serve me.

Well here’s the ironic thing. I was in a very similar situation exactly one year ago. It was the week before Lizzie was born, and the doctor put me on bed rest. I sat on the same white couch, kept my feet propped up, and had family and friends come in every day to cook, clean, and look after Becca.

When God keeps putting you in the same situation, you know he’s trying to teach or tell you something. I think that maybe in my case, He’s just giving me a break. Last year the break was to make sure I was well rested for the year that followed with Lizzie. This year, I think the break is my little reward of rest for the year I just completed.

What do you think?

This is a picture of me on bed rest exactly one year ago. I don’t have a picture for this year, unless you’d like for me to post a picture of my broken toe. Ha, ha!

3 comments:

Mary said...

And unlike last year, you have a little girl that tells you about what she is doing play by play! Isn't that a great thing! I wouldn't know quite yet...Becca is hilarious repeating everything :)

Carley said...

i am glad you are taking care of yourself. :

Anonymous said...

Love the photo of the girls. Go to Jen's website at Pink Armchair. She runs giveaways all the time!